The Student Voice of St. George's School

The Creed

The Creed

The Creed

The Echo Goes to the Movies

Ms. Sandra Gin
The Echo scored excellent seats to Civil War in the mostly empty AVX theatre, Marine Gateway

On Friday, April 26, The Echo took a field trip to Marine Gateway to watch the acclaimed film, Civil War. Students in the class noted that the dystopian movie follows a group of journalists (specifically war photographers), and made the suggestion to Ms. Gin that they should preview the film as a class. As a result, The Echo spent their Friday night at the movies.

Along with Ms. Gin and Ms. Chan (Head of English), students started off the night at the Irish resto-pub beside the theatre. This also allowed them the opportunity to watch the entire 2nd period of the Canucks play-off game.

The Echo staff, accompanied by Ms. Gin and Ms. Chan, happily dined (and watched the game) at an Irish resto-pub before heading off to the film.

The film was riveting, intense, and entirely captivating. Afterwards, the group gathered together for a short debrief, sharing thoughts and trying to put into words what they had just seen. Everyone agreed that it was a worthwhile movie to watch, despite the violence and jump-scares! Stay tuned for staff writer Benjie Baker’s upcoming review of the film!

The Echo poses with the movie poster after watching the film with a unanimous two thumbs up