The Student Voice of St. George's School

The Creed

The Creed

The Creed

St. George’s drops complimentary agendas

Garde M. and Harmanjot U. compare agenda options.

In an effort for the school to become a little greener and save some money, St. George’s financing department has decided to cut complimentary planners usually given to students at the beginning of the year.

Every year, students go to their advisors after summer break. Usually the first advisor period includes questions regarding summer activities and ends with the adviser handing out that year’s agenda. This 2012/2013 school year ,students from grades eight to twelve were thoroughly confused. This year they would not be receiving agendas and would instead have to buy their own from the school store for ten dollars or take a trip to Staples.  Alternatively, students were permitted to use their smart phones or computers to jot down due dates.

What intrigued me to write this article was to see if students and teachers were affected by this change.

Mr. Bucifal, the king of organization and the man in charge of the resource room, had this to say. “I don’t really think most of the kids use the paper agendas. They are all using their phones now.”  Many students on campus admit to not using the paper agendas in the past.  Grade eleven student Michael Chang had a different opinion. “Yeah, I actually need an agenda this year–the one year where I feel like I really need one, they cut it.” Like many others, Michael is referring to grade eleven as the toughest year at St. George’s.

In the meantime, the school store is actively advertising their supply of paper planners.

View Comments (2)