The Student Voice of St. George's School

The Creed

The Creed

The Creed

Notice the powder

A group of skiers regroup in front of the Wizard chair

On February 8th, 412 students were shuttled up to Whistler and Callaghan valley for the annual ski day. The cross-country skiers went to Callaghan valley while the rest went to whistler. It was a beautiful day, a little bit of overcast and half a foot of fresh powder on the peaks. The students had a choice of Snowboarding, Skiing, and Cross-country skiing. At the end of the day, everything went smoothly and everyone got home in one peace.

“Not only did we have fun skiing, we bonded as a community,” said George Zhang, a grad who went to Ski Day for the first time. “I had a blast!” He added.

Ski Day is a long-time school tradition aimed at giving students a fun day off in the middle of the most depressing term, February. It all happened thanks to countless hours of planning by Ms. Pohanka and the faculties from the different departments ranging from transportation to accounting and advisor teachers to head of grades. In the past ski days were organized by Mr. Ziff, who organized the event for over 15 years. Everyone was surprised at how perfectly Ski Day went and happy at spending the day outdoors. St.Georges looks forward to next year’s Ski Day.