The Student Voice of St. George's School

The Creed

The Creed

The Creed

Personal Care: Lip Balm

E.O.S: Lemon Drop SPF 15
E.O.S: Lemon Drop SPF 15

It’s Winter time! Do you have dry, cracked lips? The solution, Lip Balm. The main purpose of a lip balm is to provide moisture by creating a barrier, which aids in retaining water. There are two main types of lip balms, petroleum or beeswax based lip balms. Although each provide a decent amount of moisturization, I believe that beeswax based balms are better because they apply smoother as well as leave a matte finish. This matte finish allows to have the ability to moisturize their lips without the appearance of lip gloss.

My  two favourite lip balms of all time are: The Original Lip Balm from Burt’s Bees and E.O.S’s Lemon Drop Balm. Burt’s Bees Original Lip Balm is laced with peppermint and rosemary accents which add an herbaceous note to the balm, leaving a cooling sensation after being applied. As well since the balm is beeswax based the balm applies smoothly with a matte finish. If you don’t like applying lip balm from the tube, Burt’s Bees has also packaged the same lip balm in tins. E.O.S’s Lemon Drop Balm is formulated with SPF 15, which aids in protecting your lips from getting burned. This balm, is more suited for summertime but works in all seasons.

Protect your lips this season and use lip balm, Cheers

View Comments (1)