The Student Voice of St. George's School

The Creed

The Creed

The Creed

The old boys are back

VANCOUVER – On November 11, 2012, the annual Georgian games took place following the annual Remembrance Day Ceremony. Numerous alumni, or “Old Boys”, got together to play touch rugby, basketball, and soccer with current senior students.

Despite the cold and dark weather, there were more than enough players for both soccer and rugby games.

The no-contact rugby game that took place between Old Boys and senior students was fun-filled and fairly evenly matched. The match ended with a tie as tries were scored back and forth between the two teams. “It was a good way to connect with Old Boys who I’ve never gotten the chance to know, and what is a better way than through the game we all love,” said senior rugby player Theo Sauder, who was also named most valuable player.

The soccer game had an abundance of participants willing to play, and as a result they had a massive game of soccer, which ended with the old boys winning 5-1.

In the gym, the Old Boys and senior basketball team played a pick-up game ending with the seniors winning 7-4. “Overall it was just a great atmosphere, seeing Old Boys staying fit and still being able to play at a high level,” said senior basketball player Tylon Barker.

Ultimately, this year’s Georgian Games were a success, filled with some unforgettable memories.  Hopefully, events like Remembrance Day will inspire future alumni to stay active in the St. George’s community.